Statement Of Faith
General Statement of Faith
We believe that:
1. The Bible is the inspired Word of God, the written record of Himself to man, absolute in
its authority, complete in its revelation, final in its content, inerrant in the original
manuscripts, and the only infallible rule of faith and practice.
Scriptural Basis: 2 Tim 3:16; 2 Pet 1:21; cf. John 10:35; Isa 55:11; 1 Cor 1:21; Matt
5:17–18; Jude 3; Eph 1:17–18; 3:10, 18
2. We believe that the God eternally exists in three persons—the Father, the Son, and the
Holy Spirit—and that these three are one God, having precisely the same nature,
attributes, and perfections.
Scriptural Basis: Gen 1:1–2, 26; Matt. 28:18–19; Mark 12:29; John 1:1-5, 14; Acts 5:3–
4; 2 Cor 13:14; Col 1:16–17; Heb 1:1–3
3. God is the source and the end of all truth. God is Sovereign, the Creator, and the
Sustainer of all things.
Scriptural Basis: 1 Chr 29:11–12, 14; 2 Chr 20:6; Job 42:2; Ps 8:1; 24:1–2; 29:10; 97:9;
115:3; 135:6; Zech 4:6
4. Jesus Christ is the eternal begotten Son of God, conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of
the Virgin Mary being both fully God and fully man, who lived a sinless life, performed
divine miracles, died a vicarious, atoning, and sacrificial death, rose from the dead bodily
resurrection and ascended into heaven to the right hand of the Father, and will return in
power and glory.
Scriptural Basis: Matt 1:19–25; 27:38; Mark 1:23–26; Luke 9:10–17; 24:1–51; John 1:1–
5, 14; 3:16; Acts 15:16; Rom 3:24–25; 2 Cor 5:21; Phil 2:5-11; Heb 4:15; 1 Pet 2:24;
3:18; 1 John 3:5; Rev 1:4–6
5. Man was created in the image of God as a rational, moral and spiritual being. All persons
have sinned and thus are lost in their natural state, alienated from God, spiritually dead.
Scriptural Basis: Gen 1:26–27; 6:5; 9:6; Rom 3:10–19, 23; Eph 2:1–3
6. Men and women are restored only by the renewing grace of the Holy Spirit and the
cleansing blood of the Lord Jesus Christ. Salvation cannot be deserved or earned but is a
gift of God given by grace for all who believe or receive Jesus as their Lord and Savior.
Scriptural Basis: John 1:12-13; 2:38–44; 3:16, 18, 36; 5:24; 6:29, 40; Acts 13:39; 16:31;
Rom 1:16–17; 3:22, 26; 4:5; 8:29–30; 10:4, 9–10; Gal 2:16; 3:22; Phil 3:9
7. The Lord Jesus Christ will return a second time personally, bodily, and visibility in glory
triumphing for the final judgment and the consummation of His kingdom.
Scriptural Basis: Deut 30:1–10; Isa 11:9; Ezek 37:21–28; Matt 24:15–25:46; 26:64; Acts
1:11; 15:16–17; Rom 8:19–23; 11:25–27; Col 2:9; 2 Tim 3:1–5; 1 Thes 4:16; Heb 9:28;
Rev 1:7; 20:1–3
Statement on Human Life, Marriage, Gender & Sexuality
Additionally, we affirm that Nashville Statement and believe that:
1. All human life is created by God in His image and is therefore sacred. Human life is of
inestimable worth in all its forms, including pre–born babies, the elderly/aged, the
physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception
through natural death. Each person is of equal value to God. We are called to defend,
protect, and value all human life.
Scriptural Basis: Gen 1:26–27; 9:6; Psalm 139
2. God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female, and a person’s
sex is defined as the biological condition of being male or female as determined at birth
by the person’s genome. A person’s gender always corresponds to their sex, and
therefore, is also defined at birth by their sex. These two distinct, complementary genders
together reflect the image and nature of God. Rejection of one’s biological sex is a
rejection of the image of God within that person.
Scriptural Basis: Gen 1:26–27; 9:6
3. The term “marriage” has only one meaning: a unique uniting of one male and one female
in a single, exclusive union as delineated in Scripture. God intends sexual intimacy to
occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other and has
commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between
a man and a woman.
Scriptural Basis: Gen 2:18–25; 1 Cor 6:18; 7:2–5; Eph 2:24; Heb 13:4
4. Any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior,
bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, pedophilia, and use of pornography) is sinful and
offensive to God.
Scriptural Basis: Matt 15:18–20; 1 Cor 6:9–10